Monday, February 2, 2009

Latin Pork Fried Rice

So I took the partial pork loin I slow cooked in my post below and used it to make a Cuban-influenced fried rice. To do this, I made a big batch of instant brown rice (6 servings of rice), and let it cool for a few hours. Then, I heated 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauteed some onion and garlic in the oil. I added the rice, and then a can of black beans (liquid and all), followed by the pork, which I had diced earlier. I seasoned the mixture with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, garlic powder, lemon juice, and a bunch of fresh, chopped cilantro.

I think next time I'll get adobo to use, but all in all, not bad. I ate the remainder of my shrimp and grits last night, so I'll be dining on this fried rice creation tonight. Be back with a pic later!

No comments:

Post a Comment